Come Help Us Send Leaflets via Balloon to North Korea
February 14, 2011
A coalition of several groups and half a dozen or more members of the South Korean National Assembly will be sending leaflets (pictured) via balloon to North Korea on Wednesday, February 16th, Kim Jong Il’s birthday.
You are welcome to join us!
- Network for North Korean Democracy and Human Rights (NKnet)
- North Korea Strategy Center
- Center for Free Enterprise
- Free Chosun Radio
- Young North Korean Defectors for NK Human Rights
- North Korea Reform Radio
1) To promote North Korean citizens’ right to information.
2) To alert the South Korean public that the North Korean succession will be harmful to North-South relations and for the North Korean people.
3) To increase the South Korean public’s support for reunification and participation in North Korean human rights activities.
Contact us by 5 p.m. Tuesday to have us save a spot for you on the bus! (after that you can contact us to find out if there’s still room)
1 p.m., February 16 – bus departs for Imjingak
Meet behind the Sejong Center for the Performing Arts (use Gwanghwamun Station, Exit 1)
2:30 p.m. – arrive at Imjingak
4:30 or 5 p.m. – bus departs for Seoul
Important Note – this event is being organized last-minute because the weather forecast looks good for Wednesday, but there is always a chance it will have to be canceled if the forecast changes. We will post a notice on our website if it is canceled.
Note – there will be no English translation at the event.
Joint Statement: On Sending Unification Balloons to North Korea
Photos from the event: Report on Sending Leaflets and DVDs for Kim Jong Il’s Birthday