Record Your VOICE and Air It to North Koreans
March 6, 2013
Open Radio for North Korea’s VOICE program is looking for English-speakers who are interested in North Korean human rights to write and record messages to North Korea via short-wave radio. They write:
You can send your voice to the North Korean people. Open Radio for North Korea will help you produce your own short radio program. You may have great stories that you want to share with North Koreans. Let us know what you want to talk to them about.
How to participate:
- Write a two-page script on any topic and then email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to tell them you heard about it via NKnet!
- If you live in Seoul, you can schedule a time to visit the Open Radio studio and record your message.
- If don’t live in Seoul, you can record it yourself and send the audio file by email. But email them first for tips about how to read your script for radio.
- They will translate your written script and broadcast the final product in both English and Korean. To save them time and headache, don’t deviate from your written script when you make the recording.
- Please contact email@example.com or 02-889-7470 (82-2-889-7470 from abroad) for more information.
- Past VOICE broadcasts and transcripts.